Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Catch up- June 2nd. My first day.

8am-5pm (9hrs)= 231 hours to go...

I figured out the Market/Frankford line today. Suburban station still confuses me... it's like a city underground.

The first couple days will be observation... except when Charlie, Trevor's assistant and recent UArts grad, makes me put food away. My first official crappy intern job. Issa donates the leftovers from breakfast and lunch. I wonder if I will ever meet her or just communicate with her via e-mail forever.

Trevor did a really awesome shoot a few weeks ago for some wedding magazine. Tons of gowns, tuxes, jewelry and glitter in dark romantic scenes. It should be really great when it's finished. Today I was trusted with picking out all of the 'bad photos' (which mostly consist of shots where the flash didn't go off, lighting tests, shots with makeup and hair people in them, and in between shots in which the models are making weird faces).

Today was a shoot for some prom dresses. Tons of dresses, two young models, and an interesting client. She was in control of everything, as she should be-- she definitely knew what she wanted. One of the models looked like a young Catherine Zeta Jones and was fun and adorable. The other was pretty in an unusual way and didn't seem as graceful-- she was younger though so she probably had less experience. The shoot was pretty repetitive- straight shot, step in, movement, arm variations...

The one part that was overly exciting was dropping balls. I guess their ad has super balls in it so several of us dropped a handful or two of super balls into the shot as Trevor took photos. They came out pretty cool.

There is also a back studio where a lot of catalog shooting is done. Charlie called it 'the boring studio.' I helped out back there with renaming things and chatted with Ryan, the second photographer.

The environment here is great and everyone is really cool. I could definitely see myself working here or somewhere like it in the future. I am going to enjoy this summer.



--Casey Cosgrove, Intern.

0 comments:

Post a Comment