Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creeper.

Day six. 8am-7:30pm (11.5hrs)= 181 hours to go...

This morning I had a creeper encounter at the subway. Surprise! I was sitting on a bench waiting for the next train and this guy, who looked like he could be homeless, walked by me with his crazy eye.... then he walked by again the opposite way... and then again back the first way. Each time he stared right at me. What is it with you Philadelphia?

Today we shot wedding gowns for Alfred Angelo. It was the same people that were here for the prom dress shoot the first week I interned. The lighting was really cool. Darker, dramatic. The dresses looked really good. Charlie was working on some retouching from the Lilly shoot so I spent my time hovering over him occasionally and helping Trevor when I could. It was a pretty easy shoot. I'm trying to integrate some Charlie creeping into my days at the studio.

We were talking about backup singers today because Trevor put on some crazy 90's station via satellite. I told Charlie about my life dream to become a backup singer in Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More" (I LOVE Tom Petty). Later, we were talking about southern accents and Gainesville, Florida came up so I told them Tom Petty grew up there. Charlie quipped, "You would know that," and, based on these events, we decided there will now be a fun fact about Tom Petty every day I intern.

Speaking of fun facts, here's some:

1. Diet Coke= most popular studio beverage among models, stylists, hair and makeup artists.
2. People who work for a designer wear the designer's clothes all the time... makes sense I guess but still fun.
3. As of lunch today Trevor has had five straight meals of Mexican food.
4. Dresses/Women's clothes are referred to as she and her whether they're on a model, bust form, or on the floor (i.e. 'is she ready?', or, 'does her butt look big?', my personal favorite, 'can we move little sister closer to big sister?')-- They're clothes, not people... it's weird.
5. I <3 the talking heads


Styling a dress.



Steaming.



Trevor with his Morris cup. (Bean shout out)



Wedding gown.



The lunch I ordered!



Charlie retouching.



My Masterpiece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment