Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"No Offense."

Day Five. 8am-6pm (10hrs)= 192.5 hours to go...

This morning I got on the subway and saw a shit stain on one of the seats on the opposite side of the car. It seriously looked like someone was sitting there, no pants, and just shit themselves. The subway is gross. Maybe I'll just stand from now on.

I have been getting very little sleep for the past three weeks and I think it finally caught up with me. I was in an awful mood. Charlie was hungover... We were quite the assistants today. We shot some flats for Lilly Pulitzer, which are clothes or accessories laid flat and photographed from above. It was pretty interesting. The camera was suspended on a boom stand about 10 ft in the air and operated from a program on the computer. We were shooting for a gift catalog and had a whole table of candy to put in the shots. They turned out really great. I helped with shooting a little but the true highlights of my day had to be making tea for someone and steaming some sweaters.... exciting stuff.

I will share that today was the first day I ever felt less than someone because of how much money I have... or don't have. At lunch everyone was talking about the crazy summer camps their kids go to and their plans for summer vacations. I had never or probably will never experience some of the things mentioned. I'm not saying I don't get to go on nice vacations or that I have never been to summer camp but I felt like the only one who was not living luxuriously. I was the outcast. Usually things like that don't bother me. I think my lack of sleep made me especially sensitive.

So finally the day ended and I stopped at whole foods for bread, milk, nutra-grain bars, and, my comfort food lately, japenese dumplings... mmm. I just ate them and will soon do some Netflix yoga with my lovely roommate, have some chai tea, and go to sleep. I am hostessing tomorrow. Hooray. Lately I have been considering joining the dark side of the kitchen (that would be serving) to make more money. I haven't made up my mind.

Casey Cosgrove, Intern.

Ps- photo time.


Tasty props.



Styling sweaters.



Sweaters



One of the setups.



Some prints.



A few photos.



Trevor being a candy stylist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment